Anyone going to Macna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be there. Getting in Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning. Looking forward to it!

Two possibly stupid questions:
1. Is MACNA always in Florida?
2. If you're not local, I'm guessing the vendors ship, since you can't cart frags through security at the airport?

Followup possibly stupid question:
Are the quality of the items at MACNA any "better" that what can be had at a good LFS, or is it just the sheer quantity and variety that is available?

Two possibly stupid questions:
1. Is MACNA always in Florida?
2. If you're not local, I'm guessing the vendors ship, since you can't cart frags through security at the airport?

Followup possibly stupid question:
Are the quality of the items at MACNA any "better" that what can be had at a good LFS, or is it just the sheer quantity and variety that is available?

MACNA is always held in a different location, last year being Dallas and the year before that was Des Moines. Some vendors ship, however most prefer you take them with you. I have heard of people carting through coral and fish through TSA, although I'm sure it's a pain. Quality isn't a term I'd use, as most people have different ideas of what quality is based on what the market is like in their respective area. As far as quantity, yeah there is plenty! Personally, I'm not too interested in the livestock side of the show. While its fun to look at, I'm going mainly for the educational aspect of I along with looking at the equipment side as well.

I'll be there. Getting in Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning. Looking forward to it!

Awesome that's great, I'm just going Sat. Hope the weather is nice for you. Equipment and give aways, bargains, speakers maybe even a few unquie items.

That's what I'm hoping, I've never been so I don't even know what to expect so I'm gunna bring a cooler with a airstone to house livestock I purchase..

Back
Top Bottom