Anyone got a clue? Not sure what this is..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcalli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-1563012576.jpg

Hey guys, this random tentacle keeps appearing out of nowhere.. Anyone know what it is?

Sorry, i'll try to take another pic. It's the stripy tentacle. Thanks for your reply though

image-907181233.jpg

Ok, so here's my attempt to try get a closer pic... Any better?

=)

danbstrong said:
Looks like small serpent star if so its safe

Looking again might be a worm if so also safe i have worms that look like that can reach 2-3"

Oh ok, cool. It's shy. That's about all i have seen of it in the last week. Just one random stripe underneath my xenias lol. Thanks though, at least i wont have to attempt to remove it. =)

Jcalli said:
Oh ok, cool. It's shy. That's about all i have seen of it in the last week. Just one random stripe underneath my xenias lol. Thanks though, at least i wont have to attempt to remove it. =)

If its just one leg coming from same spot every time id say its a worm not excactly sure of the name tho

danbstrong said:
If its just one leg coming from same spot every time id say its a worm not excactly sure of the name tho

But if it moves or has mutiple legs then ya serpent star

If it has 2 legs and stays in the same spot what could it be?

Lol im not sure if it's because i've stared at the same spot for so long that im seeing double or because there's actually 2 legs

Thanks for your help

I Had one come in inside a rock that had a coral on it. It turned out it shared it's hole with a red banded snapping shrimp. Took me a month to see enough of the shrimp to ID it.

Back
Top Bottom