Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
Anyone have a ETSS Reef devil? alot of air bubbles

OK...got my skimmer goin tonight (finally) I had to drill the sump and put the skimmer on a shelf out of the skimmer. Now I know it takes a while to adjust it right and all and i know I have a powerful enough pump but does anyone else have alot of air bulles that comes out of the skimmer goin into the tank? does it need more adjustments? Ive read the instructions and the stuff they have online and its hard to know and tell where its supposed to be (foam)
i have a mag 9.5 running this with a ball value to slow it down cause i know the recommended pump is a mag 7 but i already had a mag 9.5.
right now i have foam barely cresting the top cup. if i close the adjustment value more then the bubbles goes away. I was thinikin maybe increasing the flow alittle more

Old 05-09-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It most likely is the break in period. Sometimes it takes a bit (1 week, 2 weeks depending on load) to adjust the valve just right to get it going.

Mike

Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
ok...just read some info on their site and i need adjust it some more and wait they say it can take up to 2 weeks to break in
but i still dont think this is goin to fix the bubbles.....

Tags
air, bubble, bubbles, reef, tss

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com