Anyone have a tank with the Mega Overflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASpec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got my Oceanic, still setting it all up. Question for anyone with the Mega Overflow in there tank.

I'd like to have the return pipe "return" water to both sides of the tank. Of course the plumbing kit only came with 1 flex return, but I thought I'd purchase another and attempt to plumb it in.

My Mega Overflow is located in the exact center of the tank, on the back wall. There are 2 punch outs for the flex pipe but I have not quite figured out how to utilize both.

Anyone doing this, or maybe something similar?

Thanks

Not really... I'd still need to bring the 2nd return pipe into the tank. I am trying to acomplish this all with-in the megaflow overflow compartment.

I don't necessarly need the SCWD to create the random flow as I don't mind the flow being constant, as long as it's coming from 2 seperate locations.

Thanks for response though. :D

Could you put a tee at the top of the return line and bring one flex off each side of the tee? That would give you flow from the center toward both ends. I've seen these overflows, but I never really paid any attention to how they were set up.

Yeah, just put a tee in or they do may a flex return Y pipe. I have considered something like this but the drain side of the overflow would appear to be in the way. I think it might be tough to fit it all in the overflow. I just have a 75 gal tank so you overflow might be bigger though.

You are correct Ellisz, the megaflow overflow box is not setup to take the T. The drain pipe is in the way. I'm looking into other ideas but still have not decided.

The sad news now... my brand new 58 gallon has to be exchanged. There is a seal on the megaflow that is leaking, down near the bottom. I did a "smiluated" power outage today and discovered the leak. It would only take about 2-3 hours of no power for the main tank to overflow the sump... not good says the wife! :D

Now I have to empty the entire tank, water, rock, and sand... wait a day for the new tank to arrive and strart over! :?

Sorry to hear about the tank. I use both sides of my megaflow. I went to home depot and got a slip to threaded connector, place this at the top of the return pipe(remember to drill a hole for a syphon break). The ball and socket parts aren't compatable with the ones I bought so I had to make a second order. Anyhow. Use the threaded to ball adapter, then a Y fitting, followed by whatever you want. On one side I have a 3" flat nozzle on the surface and a normal nozzle pointed across the rock. On the other side I have another 3" flat nozzle on the surface and I'm working on a spraybar for the other side.

Marinedepot has a pretty good selection of ball and socket tubing. Unfortunately there not compatable with the ones that come with the mega-flow kit. You'll

Back
Top Bottom