Anyone have a Tiger Cowrie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
My first impulse buy in quite a while. :roll:
Was at my LFS tonight and could not resist. I understand they will clean up algae and are not reef safe (I don't have corrals).
Anyone ever had one and is there special care needed for them?
TIA

tiger

I had a huge one but he died. I have no idea why. I've read they eat algae and meaty foods. Here are some pics. The one is my husband holding it.

Thanks Fluff. How long did you have him?
Your looks like mine, except its darker in color. I'll post a pic later, he is acclimating now.

I had him for a few months. Honestly I think my fuzzy dwarf lion worried him to death. He did fine til I added the little lion and the lion would "hide" on or around him constantly. After that he almost never showed his mantle and then just died. I really don't know why he died but, figure even though the lion meant no harm, perhaps the stress might have done it. :?: Who knows. I hope you have luck with yours. They are really cool.

Thanks Cindy!! :)
I know better than to impulse buy, but I felt good about this one. :)
Beautiful Lion BTW.

Good luck with him, I'm sure he won't disappoint you. Wait til you see him climb the glass. Something that size just looks wrong somehow, hanging on the side of the tank. LOL

Back
Top Bottom