Anyone have a yellow finger gorgoinian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mines about 2 weeks old and I've seen the white feeding polyps twice. It looks as healty as teh day I got it but I'm worried its gonna starve. I tried a suggested feeding method where you place it in a container and add the food, didn't work.

Any tips on feeding methods or food? LFS recomended coral frenzy so this is what I've been feeding the tank with. I've also tried cyclopeze with no success.

Thanks....

You won't be able to sustain that coral long term. It will die unfortunately. Non photosynthetic gorgonians are not an easy coral to keep. You'll spoil your water quality before you keep it happy IMO/IME.

by spoiling do you mean the nitrates going up due to the feeding? I've already noticed that. Shame, I really like this coral.

Yeap. Exactly. If you like gorgonians, i would recommend the photosynthetic ones. They aren't as colorful, but they live.

Yep, I only know of one person who's been able to keep these successfully long term and his aquarium was an amazing collection of very fast moving microfauna and microflora filled water full of nonphotosynthetic corals. While it was a amazing set-up, its not something that I think will likely be duplicated by the average reefer.

Back
Top Bottom