anyone have any experence with HIrocks.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stradt03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I ordered 60lbs of rock from them about 10 days ago and I've gotten nothing concerning a tracking number and they haven't responded to my emails. just wondering if anyone has had positive or negative experiences...or a phone number I could try calling.

thanks
Jason

it took me around 10 days or so to get my rock as well...

I dont think ill order teh base rock package again though.... premium from now on if i get more from them

IME, they are not responsive, but you'll get your rocks. I ordered their 60lb "best" rocks and a little over half were pretty much small solid bolders. The big pieces were pretty nice though...

I guess it was decent for the price.

There's anothe company that sells base rock (I think something like reeferrock.com. ??), but their prices were so close to live rock prices that I would just opt for the latter.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 30# about 10 days ago as well, and have heard nothing and they have not replied to my email. Never doing business with them again.

I have ordered several times from them. They have always delivered with no problem. In fact, I have ordered a total of 180# over this past year. the rock is very porous and doesn't take long when you seed it with LR.

7-10 days delivery is pretty standard from them. Did you guys pay with Paypal to secure the orders?

Mike

Well, I guess I can take back my earlier statement. I just got an email with the tracking number. I guess if it's quality rock, then I won't have much to complain about.

i just got my email with tracking also, it's been 11 days and the rock JUST got shiped yesterday......we shall see

I think a lot of it has to do with the method in which you pay. Paypal can take a while to let a seller know that an item has been ordered. I ordered on 8/1, he was notified of the sale by PayPal on 8/3, it shipped today and I'm scheduled to receive it according to UPS on 8/9. I paid using my credit card through Paypal. From what I understand if you pay directly from a Paypal account it can take a lot longer to verify funds. I'll let you know how the rock looks when I get it.

well i'm glad the people that have received their oders are happy with them.....any way i could get you guys to post some pics of the rock in the tank?

thanks
Jason

I like the base rock from reefersrock.com. Capt. Jar is a nice guy and always available to talk. His stuff looks nicer than the Hirock stuff. Not sure about price comparisons though.

Mike

img_466397_0_c7fdef6c724992f4f1a895def14dab9e.jpg

img_466397_1_88c6e477c7736cdb576637465bfd925f.jpg

Here's what I got today. The rock is exactly as I expected it to be. It is pretty porous and has some unique shapes to it. I definitely think I can aquascape with it. My only issue with it is that it really could have used some better packaging. They just took the pieces of rock that you see and threw them into a small box with no protection whatsoever. The UPS guy was like "What the heck is this, seems like it is coming apart" when he delivered it. I'll let you know how it fares in my aquarium once I put it in...

I rinsed mine off in a Rubbermaid container to make sure I got all the dust and dirt off of them. Since the rock is "dead" it wasn't like I was taking any life off of it. Although, I did find a dried out leaf of some sort in the shipping box. I thought that was kind of a sign that the rock really was living at some point in time.

Just got mine and added it to the tank. Pretty good for the price, but it would have been nice if the pieces weren't so dense. Not bad overall. I'll put up a picture once the tank clears.

Attachments

• 8-9__3.jpg
    8-9__3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom