Anyone have experience with a coloured honey coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey,
does anyone have any experience with a coloured honey coral??
andrea

The only "honey coral" I know of is Euphyllia, but a pic would help identify it better than a common name ;)

DSCF8721.jpg

here ya go, its not been in long and does open out much more than this.
thanks, andrea

Attachments

• DSCF8721.jpg
    DSCF8721.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 123
Yup... frogspawn. It looks pretty good, in my opinion. By the looks of it, it *may* be getting a fair amount of current coming from the right side of the picture? As Mike pointed out, they don't like a lot of flow, so it that's the case you might want to adjust the flow or move it.

alrighty, ill have a play around when i get in tonight, i was thinking myself that it was getting a bit too much so im glad you confirmed that.
im going to try somewhere more central, seen as its so pretty. its also not opened as much as it was in the store, but understandable i s'pose seen as its just been moved.
ill post a pic of the whole tank, which btw is far from impressive at the moment...but getting there, so you can let me know opinions of the new location.

thanks,
Andrea
ps. happy monday everyone

it looks even more impressive today...its really come out...still not as much as in the shop but its a good looking little thing.
i was wondering about moving it, to somewhere with a little less flow, i was just about to stick my hand in the tank and didn't even think if it can sting or if i should be wearing gloves?
im wondering if i could actually just leave it there as well seen as it seems happy because i KNOW if i move it now then when i get my next coral ill move things all over again. maybe if i attach a pic.....how would you set it all out....please be as critical as you like, i can take it....this is my first tank, my second coral and so im very much hoping for some layout ideas.

thanks,
andrea
DSCF8724.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8724.jpg
    DSCF8724.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 109
This is mine now. I have fragged it 5 times so far.

100_1893.jpg

They don't sting you but you should never touch the flesh of a coral. Grab the rock base of that one. :)

Are you *sure* about that not stinging thing? Only reason I ask is because my Torch Coral would leave nice welts on my arm if I wasn't paying attention and got too close - and a Torch and Frogspawn are the same family. Granted... I wasn't feeling any pain during the actual contact, but there was definitely a reaction.

Best bet is to wear gloves whenever handling corals... regardless.

Back
Top Bottom