Anyone have experience with AZ-NO3 Nitrate Eliminator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have experience with AZ-NO3 Nitrate Eliminator? The info below was pasted from their description.

The AZ-NO3 (Absolute Zero - NitratesTM) product works entirely by aerobic Cellular Respiration on the target Nitrate molecule, which is then removed by the Protein Skimmer. The oxidoreductases necessary for these processes are the chemical mechanism of an enzyme action.

In the most simplest of explanations, AZ-NO3 can be considered an essential food, required by the active enzyme maltase that functions as a cellular respirator. The manufacturing process renders this product as an undesirable food to certain detrimental enzyme (amylase and invertase) that could uncontrollably proliferate in the aquarium.

Our product utilizes a specific enzyme in the maltase group to activate the oxidoreductases necessary to reduce nitrates by cellular respiration in the aquarium. The product itself does not contain this enzyme, but can be thought of more like a seed, a seed contains the germ (plant) and the food for the plant to grow. The mature plant then becomes the basic food product utilized.

The active ingredient in our product is Cozymase which functions in the oxidation of proteins and of many other compounds important in the intermediary metabolism and the resulting active enzyme Maltase in the aquarium. The Massecuite is food for both the Cozymase to develop and the resultant Maltase to thrive.

3 or 4 guys in my reef club have used it when they had HA issues. They followed the directions to a T and it worked great at killing off the HA. One guy did loose a seahare, I don't remember any other deaths. Like any other chemicals I would only use it as a last resort.

not sur how it works..but if required puting chemical in the tank i would rather do water change instead of that,a bit more work but less risk to take.

Actually it increases carbon dioxide which can be defeating by the fact it will promote algae growth to an extent not curtail it. What it does in a nutshell is introduce/elevate bacteria that can bind the nitrate so it can be skimmed out. Much like adding a carbon source to artificially increase bacterial populations. If you've ever read up on Zeovit systems, it's somewhat similar in it's goal albeit different application methods.

I would not recommend it for reef tanks with leather or LPS and it has been known to affect fish health/longevity.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom