Anyone have knowledge about Florida Condi Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

66deuce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about getting one for my tank and don't know too much about them. Do you glue them to your LR like corals or do they move around the tank similar to an urchin?? :? Would my percula adapt to this anemone? Does the percula automatically attract to the anemone or do you have to give it time and just "see" if they will come together? If they do live together, wouldn't the anemone need to be stationary?

Thanks in advance...

I have a FL pink tip condy and have had him for about 4-5 months. No do not glue them as they will move around. And you probably wont have much luck in your perc taking to it either. Just put the anemone in there and let him roam. Took mine about a week to get settled and was there for about 3 months in the same spot.

On my first tank I had luck get Clarki clowns to live in a condy. I am planning on trying it again on my newly set up tank. Good luck - jd

Don't glue the anemone, a healthy anemone will attach itself in a matter of minutes
. My condi experiance has not been a pleasant one, my condy constantly moved all over my tank walking all over my corals and stinging everything in its path. I eventually had to just move it over to my FOWLR tank. Condy's are not normally considered a host anemone, however a friend of mine also has a condy who is currently hosting a perc, not to mention the fact this his too also is constantly walking all over his tank. how long it takes for the clown to notice the anemone is dependant on the fish. some fish take seconds, while other fish can take longer.
As for which anemone to go with I suggest the BTA (Bubble Tip Anemone), they are just as hardy as the condy, will usually settle down into one spot and stay, and sometimes if water and light is good they will even split! So like all anemone's be sure you have an established tank (+yr or older), great bright lighting (MH, VHO, OR PC'S), consitantly good water lvls, and you should be ready for an anemone.
good luck,
Mermaid

Back
Top Bottom