Anyone have "plating" coralline in their tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just like the heading ask...Does anyone have it? I would like to get some if anyone knows how or where?

I'm new to the hobby so forgive me if I don't know all the lingo. =)

But...I think I may actually have what you're talking about. It's funny because I was trying to come up with the words to describe it to ask what it was and I couldn't come up with any. But "plating" nails it on the head. Assuming of course we are talking about the same stuff.

What I have is pinkish purplish in color and it looks like plates as it stacks up on the LR. I didn't do anything to get it, I guess I was just lucky. I'll try to get a pic of it tonight to throw up here to see if we're on the same page but if you have a pic handy of what you're looking for post that as well so I can compare them.

I have coralline everwhere. Including places I do not want it. I am specifically talking about the "plating" kind. Only pic I have seen is on page 36 of TFH magazine Dec 2005. I will do a google search.

I have had some but I normally don't see it until I redo my rockwork. Might happen over time :)

Ellisz have you seen the pic I am referring to? I think I may have a little but lights are out right now. I want coralline like in the pic.

I couldnt see it in that picture. I have something growing in my zoo's. It is dark purple, and it is hard to the touch. Could that be what your are speaking of?

Plate coral

I think Brenden is looking for this.

No, I do not know where to get it

Attachments

• platecoral_150.jpg
    platecoral_150.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 174
Plate coral

I think Brenden is looking for this.

No, I do not know where to get it

Attachments

• platecoral_150.jpg
    platecoral_150.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 166
I had it in my 1st 55g. It was smaller, about the size if you cut a dime in half layered on the rocks in different places on my LR... like little ledges or shelves.

Reminded me of the way wild fungus or mushrooms would grow on an old damp tree stump, kind of layered. Is that the look you at talking about?

I have no idea how I got it, I think it came on my lr and spread perhaps.... very nice looking though and I also hope to have more in my new set ups :)

I have seen it in LFS, I wonder if you asked for a scraping or piece, if it would seed that type in our tanks? Hmmm...

Is this what your talking about Brian? The salmon color is with the flash on. It's actually not so pink in real life, like the others.

Yes, that is my tank and it's pretty stuff but can be an annoyance. As you can see, it's growing over a porites coral that's been struggling to come back. :?

I don't have a ton of it but I'd be more than happy to send you both a bit of it. PM me with your info.

Back
Top Bottom