Anyone have spare Hermit shells? Or a place to order some?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my small Blue Hermits has a broken shell. Not sure when this happened but I did clean the tank today so I could have hit it with a scrubber or moving rock :( :( :( I have no idea how it could have happened as I tried to keep an eye on the Hermits the entire time. The hole is about 1/4 inch wide near the end of the shell where the Hermit comes out. Now when the Hermit tries to come out, he tries coming out of the small hole instead of the main hole. Then it gets stuck in the small hole, and eventually figures out the problem.

I figure if I had extra shells, it would go into a new shell. No place around here has spare shells though. Anyway, I need the shells anyway for future Hermits, so if anyone knows where I can get the shell, or has spares they can send around, I would appreciate it.

Here is the type of shell the Hermits are in now (on the right):

new.jpg

I think even petco and petsmart carry hermit shells... They should have variety packs. I bought one the other day... be careful because the one I bought was huge... I didn't think it was that big... my hermit will have to eat another 15lbs of algae to fit into this one. Also I am not sure if he will just leave that shell since technically he hasn't outgrown it. I would def pull the shell though if you see him wander away from it so he doesn't go back.

If the lfs dosen't carry them try wal-mart or a craft store. make sure to boil them b4 adding to the tank

Walmart carries them in the craft dept in a netting or plastic bag, mixed shapes and sizes and much cheaper than the LFS. Boil them and roll to drain well when you are done.

Warmly,
Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom