Anyone have these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
img_1159114_0_536d7109a419c3a6897d97bc3b0b1200.jpg
[/IMG]

they almost look photoshopped, but in the realm of corals i suppose anything is possible

especially zoas!

Where did you pull that picture from? I have never seen that color morph, and less likely there is one that is that bright.

aquacon.com they are japanese fruit or somethin like that

Id be skeptical of anything from aquaCON. They are known for shennanigans. Id google those and see if they show up anywhere else.

Matt

i looked all over their website, nothing as vibrant as that though they did have some cool stuff. ill never order anywhere except liveaquaria and bluezoo though

I have some fruit loop zoas but mine are not that brightly colored. I also believe those have been touched up to make them brighter.

I'd say most of them aren't. The "Eye of Jupiter" looks a little "enhanced", and the "Lemon/Lime" ones look like someone bumped up the yellows... but for the most part they look about right.

I have a friend that sells frags to stores. When he puts together "catalog" for sale he pays a photog to come and take his pics. The guy stages the whole thing. Like those food commercials. So the frag might be the real deal but a lot went into the pic. So unless you hold your frag under lights an inch from top of water, you will never get the same color. Although it is completly possible to touch these up to enhance for sale. Like a model on a mag cover. She is already pretty but still gets a touch up.

At first impression I thought no way. I am not too familiar with zoas but when I looked at all their sps it all looked like it was represented pretty accurately. Bige is probably right, its just the perfect picture, top down, best lighting color etc etc. I would be interested to see what it looks like in one of our tanks. If it looks half as nice as the picture, it could actually persuaded to buy zoas. Those are sweet!

Back
Top Bottom