anyone know anything about evolution 100 led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 36 gallon reef tank
Currently using a 130 watt 30" dual pc with a 10k and a 460

I have the chance to get a evolution 100 led light used for $175

It says it covers a 24" tank and mine is a 30" tank

It also says it has 460 blue 450 blue 6500white and red and green leds I thought I needed 10k or higher. The guy I am getting it from is running the same light on a 36" frag tank and had both of them on a 125gallon display tank.

Will this do good on my tank and how high do I need to mount it and I was also told I needed to slowly acclimate my corals to it over a couple of months is this true.

Any feedback would be great

Also anyone using this light... Do you like it

Your pm box is full so I am posting my response here:

kwandrsn said:
mr_X said:
It will if you hang it high enough to reach the corners. You can put the lower light corals to the outskirts and things like sps towards the center.

And the 6500 is enough?
Well, it has 90 degree optics, so the penetration will be better than the ones I use without optics, but the light is channeled to shoot directly downward instead of spread out, so, you may have shadowing in the corners, but it's strong enough to penetrate. 6500k is just the color temperature of the whites, and no indication of potency. Mixed with blues, it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom