Anyone know anything about Polyclad Flatworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a search and found little to nothing. I was rearranging some of my rockwork today and i noticed strang grey slimy thing. I thought it was a nudibranch at first. Then i realized that was probably impossible. Well, i found a picture on the web of something that looks almsot exactly like it. of course i didn't get a real good look at what it was in my tank cause it was on the underside of a rock and moved into creavise when i picked up the rock. But it has the same look to it at least as this thing.

2597_1104678923.jpg

Good or bad? Anyone know what these things do?

i'm guessing their harmless???

i'm about to start adding some lower light corals and i don't need any wierd mysterious hitchhikers mowing down on them.

I'm thinking it's not something you need to worry about. It's been a while since I've seen one and I can't find my links to them but I wouldn't worry about it. Most flatworms are completely harmless.

ITs the red FW that can take over a tank. Never seen one of these??
Its a good idea to use some flat worm exit on all new corals added to the tank. It will kill off alot of hitchhickers good and bad..

it's not red or small. The one i saw was actually pretty big. I'd say he may have been a few inches in length. I don't want to have to kill off good hitchhikers if i can help it

Back
Top Bottom