Anyone know what this stuff is??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huh???
video is labeled about caulerpa going sexual, but all it is about is guy gets new algae with some die off and then it grows some more.
Big whoopdee doo!

absolutely nothing whatsoever mentioned or shown about it going sexual.

I assumed by the title and what the guy says that it would show the morphological changes it goes through and how it produces/releases spores into the water column, but all it is some guy whining about a little algae on the glass.....:rolleyes:

Haha what does it mean why you say go sexual. What exactly would happen to the tank if it does that?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dumps a ton of nutrients into the water column. Some algae do this to reproduce. To avoid such, some run 24 hour lighting schedules on them to prevent such catastrophes

Not alot of people will use Caulerpa in their tanks, by chance it goes asexual, when it does, then it takes over your entire tank.......... Thats why there are alot of other better choices for macro algae.

Should i remove it before i does that?

Its all up to you. It doens't always do it. Its just a maybe it could happen thing.

I accidentally bought caulerpa for my fuge and realised it could do this. When it starts to go clear that's the time to get rid as it starts to turn sexual. I binned mine and started again with cheato as I was paranoid it would go everywhere. But your brown stuff looks like the start of my dino nightmare I added some new sand to my existing bed and it exploded with it everywhere. If it starts to get worse try doing a blackout for a few days

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I took the caulerpa out because knowing my luck it would go sexual.

Yeah it puts a lot of nutrients in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom