Anyone Tried A 2-Stage Phosban Reactor Before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBliss81

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been running NPX Bioplastics in my Phosban Reactor 150 for about 2 months now. Today I added some Chemi-Pure Elite as a 2nd stage in the reactor. It worked out really well (aside from leaving the pressure up to high for the GFO and blasting some of it into the tank), and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried anything like this before.

image-705509354.jpg

9 months later...

In case anyone is interested, after 9 months of this experiment I found a few things:

1- A mini-jet 606 isn't quite powerful enough to effectively run this reactor this way.

2- Dividing the media into two segments within the reactor is not really worthwhile. There doesn't seem to be any real advantage over just letting it all mix together, and fluidization and flow are much better when all the media is allowed to freely mix and circulate within the reactor together.

In retrospect I would just purchase a two-stage reactor from BulkReefSupply.com if I had to do it over again. In fact, that may end up being what I do when it comes time to replace the media I have in the reactor now. BRS reactors have better design and build quality than the Two Little Fishes Phosban Reactor 150, and I like the ease of their cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom