Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Anyone Tried the hW Marinemix Plus BioElements Salt?

Hey All,

I was going to purchase a bucket of Reef Crystals at the LFS the other day and the Owner who's been helping me personally told me not to, and suggested getting the hW Marinemix Plus BioElements Which he says that he uses on their display tank, his tank at home, and he wont ever use anything else.

I haven't heard anyone here talking about it before, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it?

It's a little more expensive than reef crystals, but Right now i'm using IO and having to buff the snot out of the magnesium and Calcium due to lack of any in the IO salt. So the cost of the buffers would level out if this salt has everything it claims.

Thanks all,

90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Never used it but have heard good about it. Dunno if it's worth the extra money or not. I've never seen it for sale in my area at any LFS. I would get away from IO if you are having issues (like it seems a lot of people do). You can see some results testing it here:

at the MACNA salt study. It's tank C. No real issues from the results.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com