Anyone Tried the hW Marinemix Plus BioElements Salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

I was going to purchase a bucket of Reef Crystals at the LFS the other day and the Owner who's been helping me personally told me not to, and suggested getting the hW Marinemix Plus BioElements Which he says that he uses on their display tank, his tank at home, and he wont ever use anything else.

I haven't heard anyone here talking about it before, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it?

It's a little more expensive than reef crystals, but Right now i'm using IO and having to buff the snot out of the magnesium and Calcium due to lack of any in the IO salt. So the cost of the buffers would level out if this salt has everything it claims.

Thanks all,

-TheChad

Never used it but have heard good about it. Dunno if it's worth the extra money or not. I've never seen it for sale in my area at any LFS. I would get away from IO if you are having issues (like it seems a lot of people do). You can see some results testing it here:

http://www.fantasyreef.com/macna/macna10.php

at the MACNA salt study. It's tank C. No real issues from the results.

Back
Top Bottom