Anyone use kordon amquel plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used kordon amquel plus to lower nitrates and if so how many times a week or month were you applying it

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used kordon amquel plus to lower nitrates and if so how many times a week or month were you applying it

You use it as a conditioner during your weekly water changes. Prime is much much better. When I started I was using Amquel Plus but as I grew in the hobby along with my tanks I switched to Seachems Prime.

You don't wanna just add Amquel to your water to take the place of water changes. To lower nitrates a water change would be needed. All these products do is make them less toxic. Nothing replaces a good weekly maintenance routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ya I was talking about stopping water changes completely just wondering if it helped lower the levels faster

Oh ya I was talking about stopping water changes completely just wondering if it helped lower the levels faster

Why would you wanna stop water changes? I wouldn't recommend doing that. NOTHING can replace a good ole fashion water change. No chemicals are gonna take the place of fresh water.

Won't work you can't replace wc. It's like going to the bathroom and never flushing the toilet, even the toilet needs a wc.

Oh man sorry didn't mean to say stop water change because I do them once a week I just wanted to know if adding kordon to it would help lower the nitrates faster

Back
Top Bottom