Anyone use the Aip-Taser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had aiptasia under control for a while with lemon juice. (Worked great!) but now somehow they ended up in the sand bed and when cleaning I guess they are just spreading everywhere. I can't get them under control. I ordered the Aip-Taser and it should be getting here today. Anyone use it? I was debating between that and the majano wand but the Aip-Taser had more reviews. If anyone has an first hand experience let me know. Thanks in advance!

So I bought it and it only seems to work if the aiptasia doesn't retract which it mostly always does. Would anyone suggest peppermint shrimp if I have a marine beta and blue throat trigger? I have a cleaner shrimp in the tank with no problems but he was there first. Do you think the peppermint shrimp will just be an expensive meal?

I had about 8-12 aiptasia heads all over the tank. They were on a smaller side. So I put two peppermints and they cleaned it up pretty well. I used Aiptasia X before. It was temporary relief as regrowth was always an issue. So peppermint shrimp definitely worked for me. Give it a try. I got mines for $4.99 each but i know they could sell for up to $9 per shrimp. It's worth a try.

Yeah I've used aiptasia-x, kalk paste, lemon juice (worked the best) but they would always come back. I just need to FIND peppermint shrimp. None of the stores around me ever have them and I don't wanna order them.

If ypu use the zapper make sure you melt every last piece of the aipastia. I used it for a few days recently, borrowed one from a friend. :) It helped alot but they did come back for the most part. Just get ALL of stem and the head and you might be ok.

So I bought it and it only seems to work if the aiptasia doesn't retract which it mostly always does. Would anyone suggest peppermint shrimp if I have a marine beta and blue throat trigger? I have a cleaner shrimp in the tank with no problems but he was there first. Do you think the peppermint shrimp will just be an expensive meal?

Even the blue jaw will probably eat all the invertebrates eventually. It's just a matter of time IMO. Triggers were born to eat inverts. The cleaner shrimp may last the longest. If you add shrimp, do it at night when the trigger is asleep.

I`m sorry the aip taser didn't work. I was hoping you had a good review on it.

Well I've only been trying it one way. I'm gonna try stabbing them at the base of the foot or in the stem. I've been going into the mouth and shocking all the way as I push the needle into the rock. I'm gonna keep at it.

Been having mine for 3 months now no problem that I've notice. They are not the best looking fish

I had a really bad aiptasia outbreak and bought 2 peppermint shrimps and within 3 days they were all gone...the shrimp ate every aip in the tank...none of my coral gets touched

Yeah as said previously I doubt I can do the shrimp because of my trigger and beta. Gonna try other methods first I guess.

I use peppermint shrimps for new/small aiptasia, and I use Aiptasia-X for bigger aiptasia. It won't work on the small ones, so that's why I'm using a peppermint.

If you want to make sure they stay dead you need to make sure the area where the base was attached to rock is completely covered in kalk paste to continue to burn it out. If you don't use enough it won't work. Make sure it is a thick paste. Liquid enough to come out of a syringe but thick enough to stay put where you put it. Also make sure most of your flow is off so it stays in place.

I find lemon juice is best if you can pull the rock out and scrub the area clean with a toothbrush while applying lemon juice.

You just need to make sure all the remaining flesh is dead. Even the tiniest piece.

Back
Top Bottom