Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

First I wish to apologize for my foul language.

I honestly like red sea test kit, for KH, CA, and MG. Very easy to test and honestly Im not sure how accurate they are, the only way to tell really would be a hanna checker. Testing against other test kits I dont think youll get it spot on. In the review someone did match the phosphate test kit against a hanna checker and said it was only off by .02 which isnt bad for phosphate id say. With a Reef Foundation they give you syringes for dropping the regiment in. So you dont have to count how many drops you put in. You just match the amount of regiment used and match to the card. Its not the cheapest on the market, but the refills are pretty darn cheap, so you dont have to replace the whole test kit if you test one thing more then the other.

But really what sold me on it was the way you match the colors up, you dont have to look at a tube laying in front of a white paper. You get a nice holder that you looks at a clean sample and the test sample at the same time, I feel it would be easier to match them side by side instead of a color chart and trying to match the colors.

Ill give you a review if a few weeks on how I feel about it after using it. Im hope it will be here by Friday if not probly Tuesday at the latest.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here also is a Video BRS did on test kits, i think they do use Red sea in there testing.

Saltwater Aquarium Testing - EP1: Testing, Monitors & Controllers - YouTube

Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

After a few testings ive found that I cant blame the API Test kit, My nitrates are just that dang high, I did get my No3 PO4 Test kit the other day. Heres a little review.

The kit like all red sea pro test kits comes with a nice case for the items needed, cost is a little on the high end side but worth the money. By far the easiest test kit ive ever read. I like the color wheel you get to match both samples. It is a easy test kit to use, some with nicely made equipment. My favorite part of the test kit would be how the test range is, by that mean it test in ranges of 0.00 -1.00. You get more of a exact number and not somewhere in between 20ppm and 40ppm. You can test up to 65ppm by diluting the test sample w/ RO water, so your not getting such a low range but also a mid range also.

Worth the money? Yes Id say so. On a decent note my Phosphates are at .04ppm with I was not expecting. I tossed a 100ml bag of Purgen to help get the nitrates down some, fingers crossed. Anyone got anymore nitrate removal tips?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Feed less and do water changes in the meantime.

Tags
api, ate, nitrate, test, test kit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com