aptasia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well since my tank started i had a small aptasia in there. it has always stayed in one spot. didnt bother anything. didnt reproduce, and ive been told by many people that as long as they are out of the way and not reproducing they can even be benifical to my tank... now my question is. its moving around. shifted over 10 inchs in 2 days. is this cause for concern... is it finally time to K.O this ugly thing?

-Brad

Get rid of it. I'm not sure what benefits they have, other than keeping other corals from growing...

IMO If you have one that you can see, you will have many you can't. Yet. I recommend dispatching the large ones and a couple of peppermint shrimps will eat the small ones.

yes i had one that i let live in my tank for 2 months or so until i found out the detrimental effects of having one. i just took that entire piece of liverock out and let it dry out in the sun, and added it to my dry rock collection :D

hey if pepperment shrimp eat the small ones, i have a cardinal shrimp, do you think it would help polish any of these off if i have anymore?

i think ive seen it all today.

well tank watching. i watched my pink tipped anemone eat the only large aptasia .. i did not think that pink tips were agressive toward other anemones? ah well... it all works out in the wash i guess.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom