Aptasia....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys i just treated my aptasia with aptasia x i was a bit funny about putting stuff other than water into my tank but i had no choice this stuff is very good just wondering if after treating the aptasia do they completely die of and not return .......?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Have you used it ...?

I found the ones I kill are gone for good, that doesn't mean there's not more floating around the tank. At least they're really easy to take care of when I find them.

I have used it. You have to go slow and sort of feed it to them. 90% will die off, but you will have to retreat the stubern ones. It's just Kalk so a little won't hurt your water parameters.

I got them all i let them get big so they are easy to work with and give them a second dose after they shrunk down i had a couple near a coral was a bit tricky even with the angled needle got them eventully .....

i've used it, once i got rid of all the large ones i just picked up a friendly peppermint shrimp who cleared out the rest. just watch the aips, i had three very large ones that took multiple treatments to kill

Yea i think theres a couple of types of peppermint shrimp does the proper ones have a white coat on there back .....?

there's only one type of peppermint shrimp, you might be thinking of a camel shrimp, which don't eat aiptasia at all.

peps don't have white in them, try googling the difference between the two

Yea cheers got one this morning .....

Back
Top Bottom