Aptasia all over rock w coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfighter

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there anything that I could dip my corals in to kill aptasia but not harm the coral. The rock is covered w them. Too many to attack one at a time

Can't say that I have any luck with peppermints eating mine. I go after them one by one unfortunately..... I borrowed an electric zapper from my reef club and killed several dozen in just a few minutes.

The electric zapper sounds very interesting. Where could I get one?

Marine depot sells them but they are like $100!!! My reef club bought one during a group buy so we have one available.

It may seem like it will take forever, but if you use aipastia X or another injectable and do a few every day or two you will eventually get them under control. peppermints might eat small ones so if you kill the big ones they might have a shot at eating them.

Forget the shrimp idea! My lion would have a nice meal and that's about all that will come from putting shrimp of any kind in my tank

Is there anything that I could dip my corals in to kill aptasia but not harm the coral. The rock is covered w them. Too many to attack one at a time

Peppermint shrimps do a great job in eating Aiptasia but you need to make sure you get the right species. See the picture below. Look for the exact coloration (dark tail end). Sometimes wrong species are being sold as peppermint shrimps:

And they are usually being sold for $10~$25 for a mid-large size. You also need to get at least 3-4 of them so they get competitive otherwise they do not touch your Aiptasia.

Peppermint%20Shrimp%20sm_500_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom