aptasia destroyer wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
The day we put our lr in our tank we have noticed those nice little anemones. After about 2 weeks they were spreading about doubling every week. We discovered that these were aptasia and can eat smaller creatures in the tank. Mission 1 kill all aptasia our first battle we sent a copper banded butterfly to the front lines. It appeared that he ate all the aptasia in about 2 weeks then would not eat so he was returned to the lfs. Just a few days later noticed small aptasia again back to war we go. Our next offensive included a huge syringe for horses injecting calcium, lemon juice finally we discovered boiling water killed them better then anything. This however is a very exausting experience that continues to this day. Our newest covert mission to send in the peppermint shrimp, placed 3 in the tank to discover they just want to play poker together upside down under the same rock occupied by my huge condy and my cleaner shrimp. In the last few days the peppermints numbers are down to one. So our question is what is the best way to iradicate aptasia.

thanks all :rocket: :2gunfire:

A herd of peppermints cleaned my tank in a few days. And I had it BAD. I thought I'd made a killing on some LR with some cool stuff on it before I knew what aptasia was. 6 shrimp cleaned 70 lbs. Can only find 2 of them now....but I have no more aptasia.

Joe, from Joe's Juice, is a member on coralclub.org. You can read reviews and talk with him from time to time there.

I have used the product and liked the results.

Joes juice sounds like the way to go. Does this need to be injected as well?
Has anybody ever had a mishap that may of been linked to using it?

thank you all :)

I have found that mushrooms and xenia get annoyed for a day or so, but that is
the extent of it.

belinda said:
Does this need to be injected as well?
It comes with a needless syringe that I found a little large a clumbsy. If you have any old smaller salifert syringes, rinse well and use those. Much smaller and easier to target the wee ones. All you need do is ensure the "juice" gets in the mouth of the aips. They will melt like snow on a frying pan. :)
Also be very sure all water movement apparatus is off while using it. The stuff is quite light and will float around the tank.

Has anybody ever had a mishap that may of been linked to using it?
Other than what Hara stated, I spilled a bit on my orange plate and other than a shrinking reaction there was no damage. The coral was back to normal within an hour or so.

The only adverse reaction I noticed was some coralline die off if you used too much and got some spill over.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom