Aqaurium lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125 litre tank and want to set up a marine tank , what is the best lighting for me to use

Beengirl said:
Do you want corals or just fish?

Both but mainly fish , it will only be the hardy types of coral

I prefer LEDs. There are many different kinds, but they last far longer, use less power, produce almost no heat and can grow virtually anything you want depending on the wattage of the fixture.

t5's would be my next choice with MH and actinics as my last choice. I used MH for 20 years...grows corals fine, but too much heat and too many replacement bulbs.

Gregcoyote said:
I prefer LEDs. There are many different kinds, but they last far longer, use less power, produce almost no heat and can grow virtually anything you want depending on the wattage of the fixture.

t5's would be my next choice with MH and actinics as my last choice. I used MH for 20 years...grows corals fine, but too much heat and too many replacement bulbs.

Is that just found on eBay then

Gregcoyote said:
Taotronics sells some inexpensive fixtures on eBay. But there are many options.

We're would u shop to get them , and do I need more than 2 bulbs

Andyp said:
We're would u shop to get them , and do I need more than 2 bulbs

Try amazon.com. I think your size is about 35-ish gallons? I think 1 would probably work.

Beengirl said:
Try amazon.com. I think your size is about 35-ish gallons? I think 1 would probably work.

I've been looking at T5 Aquarium Fish Tank Overhead Lighting Two Tube System
Would that be suitable with one blue light and a white one

Back
Top Bottom