Aqaurium lighting help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamClaessens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank is a 70 gallon, 36 by 18 by 25 (lxwxh).

http://www.marineandreef.com/Current_USA_Orbit_Marine_LED_36_48_p/rcu04102.htm

That is the light i would like to purchase. Would it allow mushrooms, button polyps, zoas, tree corals, anemones, toadstools?

Would it be bad if i placed an sps at the top of tank to try and see if it grows and lives? These are the specs of the light if you dont wanna go to the link.

The LEDs come in four color temperatures—8,000K, 12,000K, 445nm with UV and 460nm blue. This 36 Watt LED light could be used as a main light or as a supplemental light. At only 3.5" wide you can easily fit more that one on your tank.

What sets apart this light from the many similar fixtures on the market is the included Current USA Ramp Timer Pro—a timer that also can be programmed to ramp up the light in the morning, ramp it down at night and turn on the moonlights. There are also color adjustment capabilities and on-demand storm, cloud cover and lighting settings.

Features:
Dimensions: 34.8" X 3.5" X .44". The adjustable docking mounts can expand to 48 inches.
36 Watts. 36X 445nm LEDs. 36X 460nm LEDs. 54X 12K LEDs. 18X 8,800L LEDs.
Includes Ramp Timer Pro with remote control

Thank you for your time

I always thought the Marineland reef capable LEDs were not actually capable of supporting many corals - you may get away with low light (zoas, some softies) but certainly not anemones or sps.

I always thought the Marineland reef capable LEDs were not actually capable of supporting many corals - you may get away with low light (zoas, some softies) but certainly not anemones or sps.

It isn't the marineland one. However those leds are less than one watt each. I highly doubt you could grow sps or keep their color with it.

I've heard the same. I checked out the link an for that price im pretty sure you could get some better ones that can sustain anemones or sps coral if that's what you decide you'd like to do. Taotronics seems to be a popular brand people use in this forum. But that depends on what you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom