aqua c EV-120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smonkey15

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone have one? would it be suffiicient for a 90 gallon tank? actually, more like 120 gallons after i put a sump in. anyone have any experience with it? it supposedly is for tanks 40-150 gallons but we all know how the ratings on these things go. thanks
steve

It should do the job, but I'd probably go with a 180 if I could. Although I don't sell them and have had no experience with them, you might look at the Euroreef skimmers as well. Several members have recommended them.

I would go with the Euroreef. It comes with a pump already were the aqua c does not. If you have ever seen a Euroreef in action they are very impresive and super quiet! The aqua-c's are good skimmers as well.

I agree with loganj as far as getting the 180. I had been researching skimmers and I was debating between an AquaC-240 and Euro-reef CS8-3. What I've determined is you really can't go wrong with either skimmer. Both have good customer service, as they were quick to respond to my questions. I even asked aquac about pump performance with their skimmer. Here is a link to a protein skimmer comparison, AquaC, and Euro-reef, respectively.

>>Protein Skimmer Comparison<<

>>Aqua C <<

>>Euro-reef<<

I bought a EV 120 and was told that if I ever upgraded tank sizes that 90 G was the biggest I should go with this skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom