Aqua C remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
ive had mine running now for 3 weeks and it works great. I received the pre skimmer box today and it has a chamber for media. my Q is should I use it? which type of media? carbon?

I never put anything in that chamber on my prefilter box. You could put activated carbon in there if you wanted.

Based on advice from this forum, I'm going to upgrade to this skimmer also. Did the box come with the skimmer? or did you need to buy it separately. Where did you buy it? How much? Thanks.

Gesh said:
Based on advice from this forum, I'm going to upgrade to this skimmer also. Did the box come with the skimmer? or did you need to buy it separately. Where did you buy it? How much? Thanks.

Gesh I bought my Aqua C from Premium Aquatics. great price and the surface skimmer box is a separate order. good luck

I put nothing in the skimmer bux but the stock sponge... When the sponge gets clogged you need to take it out and rinse it out. I think if you put anything in it , it would be too heavy on the flow side...

XXFirefighter said:
I put nothing in the skimmer bux but the stock sponge... When the sponge gets clogged you need to take it out and rinse it out. I think if you put anything in it , it would be too heavy on the flow side...

How often do you rinse it out?

evenings said:
XXFirefighter said:

How often do you rinse it out?

once a month I think ... when the water over fills the box, then it's time to rince it out... I just use water right from the RO unit in the house to rinse it.

Weight is important issue with the overflow box. I was not overly impressed by the method that the overflow box connects to the rest of the skimmer.

I just received my Remora Pro with the skimmer box. I'll set it up this weekend, but am confused. It looks like there'es no connection to the tank or to the skimemr itself except for the tube connecting the skimmer to the pump. Is that right? Also, it looks liek the box fits snugly around the pump (Mag 3) so that the prefilter attachment to the pump isn't used, is that right? If so, isn't there a risk that a fish will get sucked up? I'm also posin this as a separate topic. Thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom