Aqua C Remora Pro Pre-Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so nobody told me I'd fall in love with this thing!

I installed it yesterday and I have zero icky oily film on top of my tank now. The water is so crystal clear, it's never been this clear.

I did not realize the box would be so HUGE!, but it makes sense once you see how it fits over the pump and how it works. I had to remove the entire top of the reef and reconstruct it around the prefilter box, but it was worth it. The fish seem to have found new suitable sleeping places since the change.

The foam being collected is much drier than before. You can put a bag of filter media (phosban, carbon, whatever) in the return side of the box, so it's useful for that a place to put things like that. I do believe it was money well spent.

Attachments

• p1080200.jpg
    p1080200.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 124
  • p1090205.jpg
    p1090205.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for sharing sdellin. Could you give the approximate dimensions, where you got it, and cost? Also, is it able to compensate for water hight?

dimensions = 4.5"W x 10"L x 8"H, I got it at Marine Depot (www.marinedepot.com or 714-385-0080 and it was $42.95, but that is the one that fits the Mag Drive 3 pump. The Maxijet 1200 and Rio 1400 pre-filters are less expensive.

If you look at the pic in the link,

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AC3313

you can see the little "cut-outs" at the top on the left. You just keep the water level in that range and it will skim off the surface.

Do you have a Remora Pro skimmer already?

I was planning on saving up to get MH and now you may have just changed my plan. MH or Remora? Decisions decisions. :?

lol... Remora is a lot less expensive, I think! That's a hard one! I wanted MH lights originally, but since I wasn't experienced much at that point, I decided to stick with power compacts and animals that don't need intense lighting instead of investing too much early on. Darn! Now I have to upgrade at some point!

Back
Top Bottom