Aqua C Remora Pro set up question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I have been running the Remora Pro for the last 6 months or so with good results. It came equipped with the Rio 1400, which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. At any rate I ordered the Mag 3 to replace the RIO and I was wondering if someone could post a pic of how they set up their remora with the mag drive. The skimmer works great, however I am not happy with the way the pump just hangs from the rubber hose. I have not set up an overflow for a sump yet and the pump hanging down is just an eye sore. Any suggestions? Thanks all.
Travis

i have one and I piled the rock up in such a manner to hide it. I run a Maxijet 1200 (nice), but I want to know if it will work better if i put on a larger pump like a mag drive?

I also await someones reply. :mrgreen:

what if ya bought the surface skimmer box if i not mistakin doesnt it hold the pumps ?!?!? i seen the one for the mad drives like $50 which imo id think ya could make a specimen container to do the same if ya handy !!

Wow. I can't see a photo, but this sounds like the answer to my problem, of how to get rid of my HOB. I have been using that to run carbon. I could skim, AND run carbon with this, along with upgrading the pump. Thanks for the info. Thats worth a cool 50 kudos to you! 0X (y)

:) thought thats what ya was looking for but wasnt sure due to i dont own that skimmer but was thinking about it awhile ago untill i made one for 1/1000 the price hehe thanks though

Aqua C makes four different surface skimmers. One for each of the pumps that are available with their skimmers. Not only will it hide the pump, it will increase the efficiency of the skimmer by allowing it to draw water from the surface of the tank.
The rest of this post was split to the Lounge as it had wandered off topic a bit and seemed to fit better there.

Back
Top Bottom