Aqua C Remora vs Red Sea Prizm Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Good Crab

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is the Aqua C Remora really 2 times better than the Red Sea Prizm. The Remora in 2 times the price.

Would you get the Prizm and save 80 bucks or go for the Aqua C at 2X the price?

I have never had the prizm but have herd its not the best from many people. I use the Aqua C on a 30 gal as the only means of filtration, and the tank is A++. My first skimmer was a seaclone I could have saved $90 and just got the good one to begin with. Look around and find a used one
I paid $120 for mine.

I have a Red Sea Prizm...I mean, it's alright...but would I say it's good? Probably not. I mean, it suds up the collection cup. But I could hope for a much finer suds than the bubbles it generate. Sometimes, for me, the tinier, denser, and dirtier the bubbles, the better the skimmer is. But if it's like laundry detergent-type of suds....it's alright.

So there you go. Go save up some money and get a decent skimmer. You don't want to go cheap on that part of your setup.

I have used both although I have never used the Prizm PRO. The Remora C is hands down better than the orginal Prizm.

I just got the Aqua C remora and i love it. i don't have much to compare it to except the skilter from Dr.F&S, which is junk by the way, IMO. The Aqua C is a really sweet skimmer. i dont know on the prism but i was searching for a skimmer about 3 weeks ago and was researching them all. Everyone said to go with the Aqua C and i dont regret it a bit. A little bit more money for a little less frustration and a little more satisfaction is worth it to me.

I plan to replace the Prizm in my 50 gallon FOWLR with a Remora the next time that I make an order with Fosters and Smith. The Prizm does work, but it's all a matter of how much time you want to spend cleaning it and fooling around with the adjustment knob. Have finally gotten tired enough of it to shell out the money for a Remora. Have never seen anyone post a negative on that skimmer.

I have a prizm and thinking of buying a aquac remora for my 30 gal tank. The prizm works, but it is very noisy. Good Crab are you happy with the Remora?

my prizm crapped out on me so i got a coralife works 10x better then the prizm

I've had the Aqua C Urchin Pro (basically same design but in sump) since Christmas. Completely hassle free and it produces lots of nasty, black gunk. I got the optional connector for a tube which I run to a 2-liter bottle. I would highly recommend it.

You all convinced me to get an upgrade from my Prizm

What is your advice for a current Prizm skimmer owner who has no money for a Deltec or something? Are there any less-than-$200 skimmers that are decent for a 55G?

Back
Top Bottom