Aqua Clear Aquatics Pro 75 Wet/Dry filter w/ skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

penguinsix

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this used from someone and they didn't include an instruction guide and I was wondering if anyone could help me set up the skimmer part of it?

The instruction manual is probably worth less than your imagination! We got the 200, but if it is an integrated skimmer into the unit, I imagine that it is similar.

Take the W shaped pipe and attach one of the end pieces to the pump. The airline connects to the middle of the W. The pump sits on the bottom of the sump (mine is in the inlet area) with the W (or now it looks more like an E) facing straight up in the air. Place the skimmer over the E (but not the pump). Place the catch on top of that and the blue cap on top. The once clear hose should go into a coke bottle so that the overflow gets caught (keep your eye on this, you don't want sludge all over your floor; or even worse, a bucket worth of saltwater). The little spin knob on the hose to control will control the amount of bubbles. You want it fast enough to get some sludge and slow enough that you're not getting clear water out of it.

Need anything else? PM me. HTH.

it isn't tube per se, but a piece of what looks like white PVC. Do you have that?

Nope. The person that sent it to me Haid it up and running for like over a year with what she sent me so... There is a rio 600 to send water into the skimmer. If you would like I could take pics of of what I have. Here is that pic:

IMG00012.JPG

Tall tube sits in the wet dry with the short clear tube (white part down) on top of that, then the blue cap. The hole in the side of that unit has me slightly perplexed (unless the water line comes up over it). The black hose is the airline tube with the adjustment valve on it. Does one end of the black hose plug onto the pump? My black hose connects to my E. What does your wet/dry look like?

That new piece looks like it goes into the sleeve on the left... strange. Can you take a close up of the pump? I'd like to see the input and output of that as well as the black thing that looks like it connects them.

Here's a picture of mine. I've annotated it. It is a little hard to tell, but the E is up inside of my tube. That's the air delivery system on mine. That black hose you have is part of your air delivery system. You have to get air to the pump that then gets put into the tall tube. The bubbles in there bubble up over the inner tube of the top part. That flows into the outer part of that tube which then spews out of that tube sitting in my coke bottle.

I think that big part of the black hose connects to your pump. To the part on the upper right of the diagram. Does it fit on there?

p1131304.jpg

I'm not sure if my picture helps any, since ours are configured a little bit different.

Back
Top Bottom