Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aqua Clear Refugium Lighting Question

I will be setting up an Aqua Clear HoB filter as a small refugium on the back of my nano tank. The only thing I plan on keeping in there is some Chaeto and some live rock rubble. Now my question is on the amount of light that the Chaeto will need to grow well. I plan to use a clip on light from Home Depot with a 6500K CF bulb in it. There is two bulbs that I am currently looking at, one is 10W and the other is 19W. I want to be sure that it will have enough light but I also do not want to fry it in the small space. Any input as to which one would be better or any other lighting solutions that could work better would be greatly appreciated.

Amazon.com: GE 85393 10-Watt DayLight CFL Spiral Light Bulb, 2-Pack: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: 19 Watt - CFL - 75 W Equal - 6500K Full Spectrum Daylight - CRI 80 - 63 Lumens per Watt - 15 Month Warranty - Energy Miser FE-IISB-19W/65K: Home Improvement

Thanks for the help!

Etcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

those would work, but would be alot of light for such a small area

this is more then sufficiant
Gti_Leo is offline   Reply With Quote

clear, light, lighting, refugium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com