aqua remora pro breakin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have this skimmer hooked up with a mag 3 for almost 4 weeksn now....it collects about 1/4" of scum in 2-3 days. but it is still producing tons of microbubbles and is still about as loud as day one.

any suggestions/help would be appreceated?

my LFS said ist that the "oils" are still on the plastic and will produce bubbles until they are gone. true?

thanks

I have a Remora Pro with a mag 3 as well. I can't really say anything about the breakin period because I bought mine used and it has been producing skimate since day one. I haven't had any problems with microbubbles entering the tank either. As for the noise, you might be out of luck... Mine is loud enough that I sometimes turn it off if I am watching a movie.

I have one also, bought it brand new, started producing skimate right away. Was loud at first but quieted down after about a week. Still quite noisy though.
I have to keep my collection cup pretty high or it just fills up with water.
Where do you have your cup?
Do you have an overflow box/skimmer for it?

That will help on the bubbles plus it skims the surface were most of the proteins collect.

I ran this skimmer for about 8 months but just couldn't deal with the noise and the microbubbles. I did have the preskimmer box and it cut the microbubbles way down, but after replacing it with a sump and an ASM skimmer, I realized how bad the microbubbles still were with the preskimmer box.

Basically, I wouldn't count on the noise or bubbles to go away.

One thing u can do to reduce the sound a little is get a paper towel and fold it and then get it wet, lay it over the Injector (after you remove the cup, its the downward pipe where the water blast into the skimmer) then put cup back on... this will help a ton...

Back
Top Bottom