AquaC Remora question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glomgold

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know this is a pretty dumb question :oops: but here it goes...

I just bought a used AquaC Remora off eBay. It came with a brand new Maxi-Jet 1200 powerhead (by Marineland). However, there were no instructions with the unit. I assembled the powerhead, but I can't seem to figure out how it attaches to the Remora. Do I need some sort of add on to get it to work?

Thanks Corty! I have this username in a ton of forums and your the only one who's ever known what that name is from.

So I just need a small lenght of flex tubing from my LFS? And I attach one end of the tubing to the powerhead tube and the other end to the Maxi-Jets intake without the filter tube attached?

I'll let my pictures ask the question, would I set it up like:

A.)
remora1.jpg

B.)
remora2.jpg

C.)
None of the above

TIA

just get a piece of 1/2 ID tubing and put one end on the pump output and one end on the skimmer input.

It is also important to buy two plastic hose clamps. Lock one each on the spot where the hose meets the remora inlet and where the hose meets the powerhead outlet. Trust me you'll be sorry if you don't. Water splashes everywhere as these tend to come loose with the vibrations. If you have trouble finding the clamps, let me know - I have extras.

Back
Top Bottom