Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here's a pic of the Barnacle Blenny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3209880520.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	49092  

Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Couldn't resist
Is this the blenny too?

Old 08-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thebarnacle blenny is doing just fine still as are the clowns I ordered. BUT the blue mushroom I got literally distingrated overnight, theres nothing left of it nut a tiny mush pile. And the orange ricordea i oredered is half the size of a dime and doesnt look too good.

SOOOO, no more corals or inverts from these guys. The fish seem like good deals so I may in the future purchase again but I'm in no rush.

Kinda stinks that they have a huge selection of corals and everything else but the fish are the only decent items to get from them.

Lesson learned, not overly upset but none too happy either.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thebarnacle blenny is doing just fine still as are the clowns I ordered. BUT the blue mushroom I got literally distingrated overnight, theres nothing left of it nut a tiny mush pile. And the orange ricordea i oredered is half the size of a dime and doesnt look too good.

SOOOO, no more corals or inverts from these guys. The fish seem like good deals so I may in the future purchase again but I'm in no rush.

Kinda stinks that they have a huge selection of corals and everything else but the fish are the only decent items to get from them.

Lesson learned, not overly upset but none too happy either.
The same thing happened to my 2 mushrooms in my new tank. I transferred a mushroom from my biocube, and it disintegrated. I thought must've been a bad mushroom so I bought another one and the same thing.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I hate to say it, but something does not seem right. If both shrooms are showing stress, I would review my system, not necessarily blame the supplier.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My other shrooms are looking fine. Just the new ones from aquacon are looking shady or dead.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I'm sorry I am kinda stealing this thread, but how did everyone who had problems with aquaCON resolve their issues? I've sent 2 emails, no response, and called, but they were "busy."
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I got an email 3 days later after a weekend stating that inverts weren't covered by the 2 day guarantee and that I sent my doa emial almost 2 hours late. So no satisfaction there.

My second order my blue mushroom melted within 2 days and the ricordia looks like garbage, I didn't even bother this time.

I will say their pre shipment customer service is excellent and thjeir packaging too. All the fish I ordered from them are fine and happy so the lesson I learned is if I MUST have a special fish only they have I would order again. Just not anything else.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I just traded a big frag of waving hand coral for 5 various SPS frags and it cost me $30 out of pocket at my LFS. No shipping. Sometimes the local guy is the best supplier. No more Internet fish/coral purchases for me unless I get to know the company first. They are happy because my coral was locally grown and so was the coral I got.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I asked at my LFS and apparently without a fragging license they can't accept frags for money or trade. Makes me wanna take whatever fragging class I have to. lol

Good deal for you! I also prefer my local lfs but for some things, like my barnacle blenny, I was waiting 2 months for him to find one so I had to jump on it. And the same with the clowns, I got 2 for less than what one would cost at my lfs and so far my fish are good.

My next purchase online will probably be liveaquaria or petsolutions again. Both come highly rated and have that 2 week guarantee which is awesome.

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com