Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think they have the best eel and shark selection. It's the first website for fish I ever visited and was amazed at the fact that they sold green moray eels! To bad I catch one whenever I go fishing on a boat.... Lol

Old 08-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So (possibly a dumb question) does this website sell freshwater fish as well?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
So (possibly a dumb question) does this website sell freshwater fish as well?
No they do not.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
I think they have the best eel and shark selection. It's the first website for fish I ever visited and was amazed at the fact that they sold green moray eels! To bad I catch one whenever I go fishing on a boat.... Lol
They get as big as your leg. And are near sighted. I think you would need a big fish tank.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
I just went to aquacon.com for the first time, and every fish I looked at cost more then LiveAquaria.com.

With all the stuff I've heard about this website so far and their prices arn't as cheap as you guys seem to think, I can't imagine ordering from them...

Saltwaterfish.com is ALOT cheaper. Just know that when you get a dead fish they only give you store credit, which can't be used with any of their coupon codes. They wont credit back your credit card.

Also their fish/inverts arn't anywhere near as healthy/lively/well fed as LiveAquaria.com's.

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

The specials are what I bought, nothing else. They were priced very well, but I don't work for them, so if they don't communicate they are toast in my book.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

If you google aquacon.com you'll see a ton of discussions from other reef sites talking about their experiences dealing with them,.... Sounds like they've been on the bottom end of service for years
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So, no email from them today. I called twice, this morning got the answering machine adn tonight the phone was disconnected. i will try again tomorrow and then i am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

I also only bought the specials and the clowns I got were worth the entire order pretty much so I didn't lose out as far as buying them locally for double or more the price BUT it's the principal of the thing.

I hate going through a cc company to dispute as like I said I'm a patient and understadning person but the least they could have done was send an email. Something.

Will update you all tomorrow. maybe the phones will be back on LOL
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Check this crap out......I just got my email here it is

Ms. Bishop,

We do apologize for the loss of your shrimp. However shrimp are listed on our non guaranteed list which means unfortunately we only guarantee them to arrive alive and healthy. If they are to arrive alive or die within the first two hours of there arrival we need a picture sent in within that time period. You received your package at 9:55 am and we did not receive the email until 1:42 pm. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,

Well I;m still gonna contact my credit card company but I dont think it will help.

They have lost a potentially good customer

No where does it say the shrimp are only guaranteed for two hours!!!

I am LIT UP ! I am saying some stuff right this second that I'm not allowed to type in here.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Check this crap out......I just got my email here it is

Ms. Bishop,

We do apologize for the loss of your shrimp. However shrimp are listed on our non guaranteed list which means unfortunately we only guarantee them to arrive alive and healthy. If they are to arrive alive or die within the first two hours of there arrival we need a picture sent in within that time period. You received your package at 9:55 am and we did not receive the email until 1:42 pm. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,

Well I;m still gonna contact my credit card company but I dont think it will help.

They have lost a potentially good customer

No where does it say the shrimp are only guaranteed for two hours!!!

I am LIT UP ! I am saying some stuff right this second that I'm not allowed to type in here.
If you were to read all the complaints about them from the other sites than you should be happy to have heard from them at all,...there's guys that have been trying to get ahold of them for four months without a return call or email!!! ... Oh well,.. Live and learn,...

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com