Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they have the best eel and shark selection. It's the first website for fish I ever visited and was amazed at the fact that they sold green moray eels! To bad I catch one whenever I go fishing on a boat.... Lol

So (possibly a dumb question) does this website sell freshwater fish as well?

slitherbomb said:
I think they have the best eel and shark selection. It's the first website for fish I ever visited and was amazed at the fact that they sold green moray eels! To bad I catch one whenever I go fishing on a boat.... Lol

They get as big as your leg. And are near sighted. I think you would need a big fish tank. ;-)

I just went to aquacon.com for the first time, and every fish I looked at cost more then LiveAquaria.com.

With all the stuff I've heard about this website so far and their prices arn't as cheap as you guys seem to think, I can't imagine ordering from them...

Saltwaterfish.com is ALOT cheaper. Just know that when you get a dead fish they only give you store credit, which can't be used with any of their coupon codes. They wont credit back your credit card.

Also their fish/inverts arn't anywhere near as healthy/lively/well fed as LiveAquaria.com's.

-TheChad

The specials are what I bought, nothing else. They were priced very well, but I don't work for them, so if they don't communicate they are toast in my book.

If you google aquacon.com you'll see a ton of discussions from other reef sites talking about their experiences dealing with them,.... Sounds like they've been on the bottom end of service for years

So, no email from them today. I called twice, this morning got the answering machine adn tonight the phone was disconnected. i will try again tomorrow and then i am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

I also only bought the specials and the clowns I got were worth the entire order pretty much so I didn't lose out as far as buying them locally for double or more the price BUT it's the principal of the thing.

I hate going through a cc company to dispute as like I said I'm a patient and understadning person but the least they could have done was send an email. Something.

Will update you all tomorrow. maybe the phones will be back on LOL

Check this crap out......I just got my email here it is

[FONT=&quot]Ms. Bishop,

We do apologize for the loss of your shrimp. However shrimp are listed on our non guaranteed list which means unfortunately we only guarantee them to arrive alive and healthy. If they are to arrive alive or die within the first two hours of there arrival we need a picture sent in within that time period. You received your package at 9:55 am and we did not receive the email until 1:42 pm. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,

Well I;m still gonna contact my credit card company but I dont think it will help.

They have lost a potentially good customer

No where does it say the shrimp are only guaranteed for two hours!!!

I am LIT UP ! I am saying some stuff right this second that I'm not allowed to type in here.

[/FONT]

carey said:
Check this crap out......I just got my email here it is

Ms. Bishop,

We do apologize for the loss of your shrimp. However shrimp are listed on our non guaranteed list which means unfortunately we only guarantee them to arrive alive and healthy. If they are to arrive alive or die within the first two hours of there arrival we need a picture sent in within that time period. You received your package at 9:55 am and we did not receive the email until 1:42 pm. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,

Well I;m still gonna contact my credit card company but I dont think it will help.

They have lost a potentially good customer

No where does it say the shrimp are only guaranteed for two hours!!!

I am LIT UP ! I am saying some stuff right this second that I'm not allowed to type in here.

If you were to read all the complaints about them from the other sites than you should be happy to have heard from them at all,...there's guys that have been trying to get ahold of them for four months without a return call or email!!! ... Oh well,.. Live and learn,...

At least I know if they screw up with my order, I can literally drive 45min to their warehouse/whatever and take care of things in person LOL

Bluezooaquatics has really good corals and fish. Everything I got was an inch or two bigger and free shipping orders over 140 and free Blenny or Assorted Zoos on orders over 200

What really really gets me is they now have a barnacle blenny for $15 which I have been unable to get anywhere else. I've been looking for months for one. After digging throught heir website it does in fact tsay that shrimp arent covered in their guarantee but they should have it listed with each item.

DO i bite the bullet and get my stupid fish and give them more money or do I continue to wait for a reputable seller to have one come available. I have seen them on occassion for over $30 each. :-(

I hate this situation. Or do I take it as lesson learned and not ever order again, or do I suck it up to get the cheap blenny and a few other cheap corals? I know for a fact I wont bother with inverts from them as thats where their guarantee falls flat. I also now know where the "not covered" list is on their website.

I'm an idiot for even considering this aren't I?

:-(

You are absolutely not an idiot. The fact that you continued to research and found out about their guarantee or lack there of, just shows how motivated, determined, and smart that you really are.

If it's me, like you said no more inverts, but aside from that I see no reason not to get your blenny and other stuff.

That darn blenny is calling my name. I even bought barnacles for him months ago in anticipation getting one. I;ve had multiple lfs's looking but so far no one has been able to find one. And for sure not at $15. lol even with the $15 shipping I come out ahead.

I just would feel foolish after they got me on the shrimp. lol I lost out on maybe $20 for the two shrimp BUT I am way ahead on the clown fish so monetarily I think I broke even.

I may consider it some more, i really really want that darn blenny. lol

For those who havent checked the 40% off sale page lately, they added some new items to it and raised the prices on a few things. For instance they dont have the b&w clowns for $23 anymore, I guess they figured they were losing money on them.

I will shop on thier site and see what i might want. And then cross reference them against the not covered list and THEN if Iorder I think I will do it over the phone so I can literally ask and confirm as i go from item to item.

Stupid blenny, making me go back on my word lol

Yep, I'm on the to be notified list. But at over $30 for the fish plus the $35 shipping I;m looking at a $70 fish. lol

carey said:
That darn blenny is calling my name. I even bought barnacles for him months ago in anticipation getting one. I;ve had multiple lfs's looking but so far no one has been able to find one. And for sure not at $15. lol even with the $15 shipping I come out ahead.

I just would feel foolish after they got me on the shrimp. lol I lost out on maybe $20 for the two shrimp BUT I am way ahead on the clown fish so monetarily I think I broke even.

I may consider it some more, i really really want that darn blenny. lol

For those who havent checked the 40% off sale page lately, they added some new items to it and raised the prices on a few things. For instance they dont have the b&w clowns for $23 anymore, I guess they figured they were losing money on them.

I will shop on thier site and see what i might want. And then cross reference them against the not covered list and THEN if Iorder I think I will do it over the phone so I can literally ask and confirm as i go from item to item.

Stupid blenny, making me go back on my word lol

..... He who plays with fire WILL get burned,.... There's a reason on the other sites that they refer to them as aqua"CON" .....sorry , but I've taken them off of my shopping sites., just isn't worth the heartache no matter what they're selling, ..

Back
Top Bottom