Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

So my order arrived this morning from aquacon and I thought I would give a detailed photo log of how the company shipped and the new arrivals of course!

I ordered:
2 B&W clowns
pair of coral banded shrimp
pair of cleaner shrimp
4 emerald crabs

The company did a great job as far as letting me know the current status of everything, even called the day of shipping tomake sure I would be home the next day! I liked that a lot. The packaging was excellent and included an ice pack wrapped in newspaper stuck to the top of the box.

Here is a plethora of pictures!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Old 08-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

One of the coral banded doesnt look well, he lost an arm in transport somehow and isnt moving much so not sure about him. Otherwise everything else fared really well so far. The clowns ar nice in that they sent a smaller one and a larger one so hopefully they will pair up. the emerald crabs had no guarantee but they arrived alive too. There are also two very large ones and two small ones.

Each bag was labeled too with what was inside. If all goes well with these guys I will most likely order from them again.

The cleaner shrimp are TINY though, so not sure which tank they are going in, was gonna put them in the cube but I think they'd get lost in there so I might go with the pico.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Bummer, it seems one of the cleaner shrimp hasnt made it through accliamtion. :-( Not too sure about the one coral banded either...it's alive but barely.

On a good note the emerald crabs are all in their respective tanks and have started work. lol The clowns are still acclimating but seem fine so far as well.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Beautiful specimens! So sorry you've already had losses.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I kinda wasnt surprised, they did travel overnight in little bags. The cleaners are way too tiny so I guess it was fate. But you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

I will be sending an email shortly to aquacon and we'll see how hard it is to get them to honor their 48 hour guarantee. That will determine if I buy from them again.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

They will definitely honor it, don't worry about it I can't wait to get my hands on a credit card!! Lol how big are those emerald crabs? They look huge!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Two were pretty tiny and two were in fact huge. I put the tiny ones in the pico and the 2 big ones in the cube.

Only another 15 minutes or so and I'll be adding the clowns to the cube. It's been almost 2 hours. woohoo... I soo missed having my b&w's, cant wait to see them swim around! I'm like an expectant mother lol

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com