AquaIllumination LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am considering purchasing the AquaIllumination LEDs for my 72g reef tank. I would appreciated comments before I make my purchase? Are they good or bad? Compared to other LEDs is this a good investment? I prefer to buy a full solution versus building my own. They have Al SOL super blue and vega blue. Ant major difference? Thanks!

sanderson417 said:
I am considering purchasing the AquaIllumination LEDs for my 72g reef tank. I would appreciated comments before I make my purchase? Are they good or bad? Compared to other LEDs is this a good investment? I prefer to buy a full solution versus building my own. They have Al SOL super blue and vega blue. Ant major difference? Thanks!

These are great lights from what I've heard. Probably one of the best LEDs next to ecotech's radion fixture. But there is some controversy over which is better. The main differences in the vega and sol is that there are more bells and wistles on the vega(wireless controller, power puck, slim design) the price is also $100 less for the sol. Both are wonderful fixtures.

The new wireless controller actually works for all of the aqua illumination fixtures now, the vega just has more LEDs in the fixture than the SOL

Great fixtures though, arguably the best on the market.

I have the AI Sol Blues and love them. I would recommend them. I would like to upgrade to the new controller for the Vega because my controller is a little too sensitive with the knob and the new controller utilizes a different style. The Vega light has more color options which I'm sure allows for a cool look but I don't think it necessarily helps the coral.

Looks like an amazing product, how many would be needed for a 75 gallon?

You could get away with running 2 AI Sols on a 75 gallon tank, and would only have to run them at about 70% they are very powerful.

Back
Top Bottom