Aqualight Pro Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Who sells the cheapest 48" Aqualight Pro's? Has anyone had any experience with that product and are they worth the price? Are they the best, most reasonably priced, quality lights if you're going to have a reef with SPS? Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Check with Darin at captivereefs.com He has a grat selection and a 6% discount for AA members. (hope I am not giving away the farm, Darin)

Actually the discount is 10% through december. I beleive i am already lower than anyone else even before the discount!

You may or may not every tank is different. If you have a sump that helps eleviate some heat.

HArd to say. The lights are only 150 HQI so the heat won't be that bad. Plus there is fans in the hood and the mounting legs bring it up off the tank so there is a good possibility you will be okay. I do not like to say definately yes or no but i would think it would be about 60/40 that you will not need a chiller.

Sopunds good. Just keep in mind after december the discount goes back down to 6% from the special hoiday 10%.

I would be careful about heat without a sump. My sump stays cooler then the main, so it helps keep the temp down. I have it setup so at night, the heater comes on with the night lite, and my temps stay at 79-80. So basically, the halides warm it during the day, and the heater at night.

Back
Top Bottom