aquarium assembly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danbstrong

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever assembled an aquarium i got a couple older glass tanks for free decided to take em apart and redo them the panels were already coming apart anyway my question is this is ge sylicone 1 what i should glue them back together with?

danbstrong said:
Has anyone ever assembled an aquarium i got a couple older glass tanks for free decided to take em apart and redo them the panels were already coming apart anyway my question is this is ge sylicone 1 what i should glue them back together with?

I hear silicone 1 is used for reseal but is it also used for assembly? I guess thats what i need to know

Yep, any aquarium safe silicone will work. Be sure to use something to brace each panel until the silicone is fully cured.

Be aware and read the back all GE silicone I have seen say in the back not to be used under water or aquariums.

Elpez said:
Be aware and read the back all GE silicone I have seen say in the back not to be used under water or aquariums.

They put this on the tube as a disclaimer to avoid lawsuits if the silicone fails. GE silicone is what most people use just be sure it's 100% silicone and it is not the mold inhibitor stuff. I believe the stuff you need is called windows and doors.

Back
Top Bottom