Aquarium from GlassCages ? (worth the risk)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimaT

Aquarium Advice Activist
looking for a 200-250gal starphire glass tank.
Have you ever bought from Glasscages or seen their work?
they have really good prices however, the reviews i am reading are horrible.
whats your take on them?

looking for a 200-250gal starphire glass tank.
Have you ever bought from Glasscages or seen their work?
they have really good prices however, the reviews i am reading are horrible.
whats your take on them?

Only experience I have with them is buying a reptile enclosure, that had wood roaches hidden under the lip. Tank lasted fine though, but I can't speak for the aquariums.

:facepalm:
thanks for the info. I heared they do a sloppy job on the silicone... but is it reliable enough to hold water for the next... i dont know 5years?

I mean is it really that difficult to build an aquarium?

:facepalm:
thanks for the info. I heared they do a sloppy job on the silicone... but is it reliable enough to hold water for the next... i dont know 5years?

I mean is it really that difficult to build an aquarium?

Not hard at all if you have the tools and materials needed.
They at least give you a warranty and with that I guess if it was to give up on you, you'd be covered in a way

Yes, thats true. however if something will go wront with the tank the next 90days (they offer a 90day warranty) i will have to get a truck and go Tennessee... which is about 10hours... and i heard their customer service is none existent. based on the reviews i read online.

I am using my second aquarium from glass cages. 2 thumbs up for both of them. Sloppy glue lines for half price? Where do I sign!!!!
I think the reviews are a bit ridiculous actually. Sloppy glue lines shouldn't even be an issue. My tank (300 gallons with custom dual overflows and a starphire front) soup to nuts (with delivery to a place about an hour from me) was $1800.00.
Other places closer to me were giving me quotes of near 5 grand.

Last edited:
I am using my second aquarium from glass cages. 2 thumbs up for both of them. Sloppy glue lines for half price? Where do I sign!!!!

I agree 100%..... Easy to redo the silicon. What like 2-3 dollars a tube!

It didn't need to be redone on either tank. It wasn't that bad. It was just a little less than perfect. The normal person that wasn't scrutinizing the tank would never see it.

It didn't need to be redone on either tank. It wasn't that bad. It was just a little less than perfect. The normal person that wasn't scrutinizing the tank would never see it.

My silicon is prob done by a 5year old from the looks of it as long as its holding and it's clear don't bug me or the fishy.

Hi Doug, I was looking at the 240 G Long tank from GC. It seems that you are happy with your 300, any issues other than the silicone? Could you post a pic of your tank?

No issues. Look in my build thread for pictures-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f71/dougs-250-now-300-in-wall-build-168709.html
I would think twice about the 24" front to back dimension. I would want it deeper. I would rather the 240 wide, or even the 280-6 wide.
The tanks are fine though. The overflow boxes are pretty big. I had them make me lower profile ones. Check the build thread once I got the 8' tank. HTH

I agree with X 100%. Silicone lines may be an eyesore on smaller tanks, but when you are talking about a 200g+ tank, im sure nobody ia going to even care about silicone lines qhen they see all the gorgeous fish and corals in it

Back
Top Bottom