Aquarium injuries...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really in the aquarium, but I was doing a water test. Well, the dog comes running downstairs to see me, and she hits what the test tubes were on. They all 3 fall, luckily into a 5gal bucket. I retested and thought nothing of it. About a half-hour later, I got really dizzy. I was nauseous for about an hour and a half. I'm assuming something mixed in the bucket, and I thought I was going to pass out or vom all over myself. :)

the one time i was injured, was while i was helping my husband re-arrange our LR. he had asked me to hang onto a piece of rock that housed our condy anemone. after about three minutes of hanging onto the rock, the cody had decided to latch onto my hand with its tentacles. it didn't sting much at first, so i wasn't too worried, but then after a few more minutes it really started to sting. i dropped the rock and ran for the sink and some vinegar. it left red welps on my hand for about a day.

Two memorables:

I was a young teen wading through the shallows off of the southern coast of Spain with my family and my sister's boyfriend gave me a little shove. I sat down on a group of black urchins (not sure of the type as they were not as longed spined as diadema). My bum and right thigh were specked for days and I "might" have sniffled a little.

Second was a few months back building and acrylic sump. The weld-on had not set completely on a crossbrace that I tried to use as a handle to pick it up and move it. It made it almost waist high before snapping and falling on my big toe. My daughter was present so I sucked it up. After limping out of the room I "might" have sniffled a little :roll:

Back
Top Bottom