Aquarium Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im curious to know what others use as their log for thier water tests. I've found some interesting software that does it, but nothig too spectacular. I'd like to graph my results over time.

I found a day planner in a clearance bin for 1$ and have been keeping a log of each tank in it. I keep logs of water tests, new additions, deaths, splittings, spreadings. This way I know how old each inhabitant is and how many times the corals have spread and multiplied. I track my fragging ventures. It's just a notebook and I plan on putting it in an excel file sooner or later but it helps me keep track and notice when things are getting off kilter.

I found a free software called Aquarium Manager. Its old, but seems to work under XP. No support site anymore..

i use my spread sheet it it works great for me. But there might be better things out there i'm still a nebee..

I use a program called FREEMIND which is a totally free mind mapping program but works great as an aquarium log since you can create a tree and add whatever items you like.

I have a subgroup for each aquarium, then subcategories for Equipment, events, purchases, maintenance, etc. Then I just add whatever I want to the lists. Everything is collapsable and can be exported out to html and stuff too which is handy. You can link to websites and files from it also, which is a great feature.

Its here if your interested:
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom