aquarium safe glue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquandrew

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i woke up this morning to my powerhead in my nano laying in the sand bed not working. i have the aqueon 500 in my 5.5 gallon nano just started cycling two weeks ago. i have no idea how this happened and i dont know if its covered by the warranty. i rinsed the powerhead and got it working again, but i need to glue this piece back together. what glue can hold this and is aquarium safe?
img_2586892_0_0a988596f567f7ac16c60b3f6365f7f3.jpg

GEL super glue. Make sure it is the gel kind or it will not hold up. It is perfectly safe, I use it all the time to glue my frags to my rocks.

GEL super glue. Make sure it is the gel kind or it will not hold up. It is perfectly safe, I use it all the time to glue my frags to my rocks.

okay I've heard people on here saying super glue gel, but wasn't completely sure. i will definitely try it i don't wanna lose my cycle after two weeks

Hey no problem. Post an update later and let me know how it worked.

i used instant krazy glue all it says is cyanoacrylate so thats right? i let it dry overnight and have a 200 gph HOB running right now for flow. well either way i realized my flow is extremely overkill and need to go get a new powerhead, this one will be going into a river tank

update: the glue worked but since the turnover is way overkill i decided I'm going to turn my 20 into a saltwater. my basement is 62 degrees and topping off the 5.5 was a pain so i just said screw it on the cycle. anyone have suggestions for good lighting on a 20 high? my girlfriend really wants a clown fish also so the 5.5 is going to be used for something else.

Back
Top Bottom