Aquarium setups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to setup my 2nd salt water tank. I am actually planning on doing seahorses. I would like to setup about 20 gallons or so size tank. But I want to get one of those systems that are all inclusive, you know has the filter and light built into it. Any suggestions on good ones or ones that would work well with my seahorses and maybe some corals and inverts.

Thanks
Christina

Most of the in hood filtration systems I've seen have been pretty much the same and rely on a bio-wheel for bio filtration. They will work fine for FO, most inverts, and seahorses. Just keep up with the maintenance. I don't think you'll be able to get enough lighting to do any real corals without some serious mods, at which point you're back to a basic system anyway. Water flow will also be a consideration. You need a lot of flow for corals, but seahorses will not do well with that kind of water movement. They are not strong swimmers and can't chase after food that well. You're probably go to have to go one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom