Aquarium Stand Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. I just recently purchased this stand for my 50 gallon Reef aquarium.
Aquarium Stands & Furniture: Aquatic Fundamentals Aquarium Stands & Canopies

I put the stand together but noticed the back is completely out. Will just that little board really hold the pressure & weight in the back on the tank? It's rated for a 55 gallon but I'm going to petsmart to get the 50 gallon they have on sale. It's rather heavy and have metal to metal locking cam screws. Just wanna make sure my 50 gal won't destroy it lol. I have enclosed a few pics of the stand. Thanks alot.

Attachments

• IMG062.jpg
    IMG062.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG057.jpg
    IMG057.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG055.jpg
    IMG055.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG066.jpg
    IMG066.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 114
As long as you assembled it correctly you should be good... Read reviews about it on the website you bought it from...

just make sure you assemble it correctly. It should actually hold more then its rated for

I read reviews and they all say its good. All 5 stars but I'm like super paranoid considering I'm on the 4th floor in a apartment lol. I was thinking of adding a 2x4 on each side where the gaps are for added security.

Yea im going to add some 2x4's to it for support. A sticker says no more than 520 pounds but im sure a 50 gallon with rocks and sand will pass that!

I have a 135g that I bought off craigslist that had a cheap water damaged particle board stand, I water tested it for a few weeks in my garage on this stand and it held fine, although I am building a better stand currently. So I'd say the particle board is stronger than we think, but I'm like you and don't trust it and am overbuilding a new stand with a 2x4 frame.

image-1393503114.jpg

image-2139589926.jpg

image-54362183.jpg

Back
Top Bottom